With our hard earned victories over GenOn’s Potomac River coal plant and the two Dominion coal plants in Hampton Roads, we now expand our efforts to convince Dominion to invest in efficiency, wind and solar, especially offshore wind power.
As residents of Virginia and customers of Dominion, we must pressure our largest utility company to invest in Virginia offshore wind.
Harnessing the wind off Virginia’s coast could provide enough energy to power 700,000 homes by the end of the decade. It’s a clean, renewable resource right off our own shores and the technology is available today! Plus the opportunities for job creation are huge. An aggressive build-out of offshore wind farms would create over 10,000 well-paying, local, career-length jobs right here in the Commonwealth.
It’s up to Dominion to lead the way. Sign our petition to Dominion today!”
Want to do more to bring renewable energy to Virginia?
Below is a list of possible volunteer activities within our Clean Energy Future campaign. Email Eileen if you can help out with the following or have other ideas for volunteering to the campaign:
- write/ghost write LTEs (letters to the editor) praising renewable energy
- give our renewable energy powerpoint presentation to your community
- schedule presentations for others (staff or volunteers) to give
- put our va4wind bumper sticker on your car
- seek out tabling opportunities and staff tables at community events
- meet with your local City Council/BOS, local gov’t officials
- offer 3 minutes of public comment at government meetings/hearings
- collect signatures on our clean energy petitions at large public events
- attend and give 2 minute speech at green meetings such as Green Drinks
or SC group meetings
- volunteer a few hours each month phonebanking
- attend/help support Clean Energy press conferences and other visibility