Want to know how to jump-start Virginia’s Clean Energy Future?
Our campaign to move Dominion Virginia Power from its Dirty Coal Past to a Clean Energy Future was energized to an exciting, new level over the past few weeks. Here’s everything you’ve made possible:
- The closing of the Potomac River Coal Plant;
- An entire week of action in front of Dominion Headquarters;
- A rally at the Governor’s Energy Conference;
- The release of the Dirty Money, Dirty Power report;
- The approved retirement of the Chesapeake and Yorktown Coal Plants;
- The grand finale of our Stop Dominion’s $76 Million Dollar Rip-off Week; and
- A face to face meeting with Dominion executives.
I can’t remember a more exciting two weeks in a campaign, and it’s you who are making the difference!
However, Dominion is still ripping us off to the tune of $76 million dollars over the next two years by refusing to make a serious commitment to Virginia-made clean energy.
Dominion updated its energy plan on August 31st stating that over the next 15 years, it plans on only adding a pitiful 1.5% of its power from new, Virginia-made clean energy sources like wind, solar and efficiency. This is unacceptable! Virginians know the future is in these clean energy sources, and we want our money spent in our communities supporting local jobs.
Send an email to Dominion’s CEO, Thomas F. Farrell II, demanding that Dominion earn its $76 million dollar customer bonus by a serious commitment to Virginia-made wind, solar and energy efficiency now.
Today, Friday October 19th, activists from across the state are attending the first in a series of meetings with Dominion to demand they dramatically increase their investment in Virginia-made solar, wind and energy efficiency to at least 3000 megawatts, or about enough to power 700,000 Virginia homes.
Add your voice to the activists’ who are meeting with Dominion today. Let’s flood Thomas F. Farrell II’s inbox with support for clean energy.